Is it depression or are you just sad, lonely or blue?
- Have you been in a depressed mood most of the day, nearly every day for a couple of weeks or more?
- Have you lost interest in fun and pleasurable activities, nearly every day for at least two weeks?
- Have you experienced a significant weight change recently?
- Has your appetite changed (increased or decreased) for an extended period?
- Have your sleep habits changed in the last few weeks?
- Have you had feelings of excessive guilt or feelings of worthlessness recently?
- Have you had any thoughts of death or any thoughts of suicide? (SEEK HELP IMMEDIATELY)
- Have you recently had a baby (post-partum depression)?
- Did the depressed mood begin within four weeks of giving birth
Did you answer yes to four or more questions?
If so, you may have a clinically diagnosable depression. It is important to get help quickly. Severe and chronic depression can become self-sustaining. Early intervention is crucial!
Depression is a treatable condition. Please let the therapist a NewPath Counseling Group help you develop the coping skills to enhance your quality of life.